THE END OF AN ERA OF AMERICAN LaFRANCE FIRE APPARATUS FOR NLR: 1917-2017
The NLRFD's 1975 American LaFrance Snorkle and 1981 American LaFrance 100'
Rear Mount Aerial sit at the NLR City Shops awaiting bidders at an online auction. The 1975
Snorkel has the second longest tenure of any apparatus in the history of the NLRFD!
(The 1959 American La France pumper owned by the NLRFD from 1959 until 2010
had the longest tenure.) Both of these old Aerials are being auctioned in an online
auction at the website govdeals.com Check www.govdeals. for details!
The Auction is currently slated to end on December 28, 2017
NLR City Council resolution R-17-205 deals with surplus city propery, which
includes the two ALF Aerial Trucks. Click HERE to view the ordinance.
A complete list of the 13 fire American LaFrance Fire Trucks
owned by North Little Rock is listed below.
The first American LaFrance purchased by the NLRFD was a 1917 350 GPM pumper, which was the
first motorized apparatus owned by North Little Rock.
Here is a complete listing of the 13 American LaFrance Fire Trucks owned by North Little Rock:
|1. 1917 American LaFrance 350 GPM Pumper
2. 1942 Ford/ American LaFrance 500 GPM Pumper
........(originally owned by Park Hill Fire Dept - Annexed by NLR in 1946)
3. 1947 American LaFrance 750 GPM Pumper
4. 1947 American LaFrance 750 GPM Pumper (2 identical pumpers)
5. 1959 American LaFrance 1000 GPM Pumper
6. 1966 American LaFrance 1250 GPM Pumper
7. 1975 American LaFrance 85' Snorkel
8. 1976 International American LaFrance 1000 GPM Pumper
9. 1976 International American LaFrance 1000 GPM Pumper
10. 1976 International American LaFrance 1000 GPM Pumper (3 indentical pumpers)
11. 1981 American LaFrance 1500 GPM Pumper
12. 1981 American LaFrance 1500 GPM Pumper (2 identical pumpers)
13. 1981 American LaFrance 100' rear mount aerial truck